Monday, March 16, 2009

Xian



Since I've been back, I've felt a sense of urgency to travel. I realize that I haven't traveled enough so I went to Xian with Paul...or rather...he went with me. Paul is one of the new foreign teachers from Manchester. He has a very heavy accent so sometimes, it is hard for me to understand him but never-the-less, I was pleased to have his company.

I guess I should insert here that we have three new teachers: Paula from Manchester, David from the US, and Taj from Tianjin. They are all relatively young and unattached (by this, I mean not married) so it's nice.

Anyways, Paul and I did the traditional Xian tour...terracotta warriors, goose pagoda, Muslim quarters, and the wall (one of the only remaining city walls). I was surprised by how accurate online information was concerning buses to and from various places. Now that I have more experience planning/traveling, I think I will have to do more in the future.

Above are some pictures and below is a video from the trip....next up Shanghai, Beijing, and hopefully Qingdao/Guilin.

No comments:

Post a Comment