Friday, March 20, 2009

Things I learned this month

1. There is no difference between a hard sleeper and a soft sleeper...they are both hard
2. Chinese trains have electric plugs for your computer but only on the aisle row.
3. I no longer fear cars when I bike...this is really bad
4. Chinese citizens fear and cheat their own government. Taxi drivers run the meter for friends to get tax deductions. Restaurant owners give free drinks instead of receipts so they don't have to report the service. Yet, it's controlled defiance. to be able to do good and bad is the basis of personal freedom and I think the Chinese government knows this so they give people the illusion they need. Perhaps in cheating the government out of little things, the people feel a sense of guilt and fear...hence there are no greater forms of dissension within the masses. Someday, when I'm old, I will write more on my views.
5. I can easily get fat here and easily get lung cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment