Saturday, April 18, 2009

Qingdao


Today I'm in Qingdao which for me is a mix of SLC, LA, and Tianjin. I really should have stayed home to rest because I'm still battling a cold but in a way, I'm glad to have come...and I'm glad I came alone. I think school was beginning to feel overwhelming and with Brian gone, a sense of sadness eats at my heart. I don't really know why I've been so sad lately. Perhaps it's the depression of a flu or the realization that this must all end soon...but Qingdao relaxes me. The orange and blue workers dotting the streets and the Chinese kites in the air remind me of all the things I love here. White cascading waves hit and lick at my memories of Santa Monica and the warm embrace of Lao Shan remind me of home/family. Soon all this will end and I will again be back to reality but for now, the warm sun and soft sand smooth away the grief and restores my optimism for life.

2 comments:

  1. You know what really depressed you? Not tell Mike that you had a blog. Now that you have rectified that you can finally relax ;). Glad you are liking Qingdao and I hope you make the most of your vacation, er, working overseas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...I didn't tell you I had a blog for good reason...I was afraid of all the direct sexual remarks you'd make ;)

    ReplyDelete