Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cathy

I'm not sure how I fell into the good graces of Cathy but I am glad for her friendship. As one of the managers of the school, Cathy's acceptance of me has opened doors in my relationship with other Chinese teachers. She's ever helpful and unlike my other friends, she has an uncanny ability to calm me. I think she understands me because she herself is from a minority tribe in China and she's been abroad many times.

I ended up telling her the whole truth....what a relief. Apparently she had already known I could speak Chinese so she was just waiting for me to tell her myself. There are parts of Cathy I'd like to be: calm, collected, at peace with reality. Yet, my young self rejects these qualities. Never-the-less, she's been a good role model/friend and I'm glad for her acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment