Friday, November 7, 2008

First Impressions

It's been a week since my dad left and I've been feeling a sense of loss. Though all the foreign teachers are nice, none of them are more then acquaintances. So, when Brian arrived today, I couldn't help but feel a sense of hope. Brian is not a new teacher. He's about 24 years old and from Chicago. Apparently, due to visa issues, he had to go back to the US for a month but now he's back.

My first impression of Brian is that he is strikingly handsome and the type of person who can hide his true feelings. He was nice but not warm which makes me wonder if he also has hidden secrets. When he asked me out for dinner, I quickly jumped at the chance and I was pleasantly surprised. The questions Brian asked were deep and probing and it was refreshing to discuss my views. i feel that I have found a real intellectual but only time will tell if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment