Friday, October 24, 2008

A Long Day of Eating



I went to the seaside to eat seafood with my dad and some friends of his. I had two whole crabs and the restaurant was pretty impressive. As you enter, you are bombarded with live sea creatures of all shorts. There were three gigantic turtles bigger then my head and much more….I didn’t even know there were so many different kinds of crabs.

After lunch, we went to a flea market and it was so busy. People were everywhere and you could find just about anything. It was pretty neat but I did not buy anything (I can’t bargain and stuff at flea markets might be rip-offs).

For dinner, I ate with my family. My uncle took us to some fancy restaurant that cost more then 2,000 yuan per meal. It was Japanese I think but very well-constructed. As you enter, greeters are at the door to take you up an elevator. Then you enter a long hallway with velvet on the sides and statues of horse heads. When you come to your previously reserved room, the greeter lets you in and helps you sit. The room is impressive. A giant painting spans the ceiling and mirrors create a panoramic view. Besides the dinning table, you have a couch, a coat hanger, a side-table for the waiters, and a private bathroom. Lol.

For dinner, we had tons of food I’ve never had before. I sampled four different types of drinks and the waiters even recited a poem for us (of which I understood nothing). It was quite an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment